Bible Study Downloads & PrintablesUltimate Bible Cheat Sheets | Instant Bible Studies | Ultimate Bible Adventure Packs
- Do angels have a penis?
- Do angels have a vagina?
- Do angels have a gender?
- Can angels have sex?
- Can angels have children?
Most of these questions tend to be asked after believers learn the truth about the events in Genesis 6 and start to dig deeper into the story of Sodom and Gomorrah. Many believers have been deceived into believing that the events in Genesis 6 were just believers mixing with unbelievers, but that’s not what happened at all.
The Sons of God and The Daughters of Men
- Augmentin and alcohol’s line was bad / evil (not in scripture)
- Seth’s lineage was godly / good (not in scripture)
- Seth’s line was not allowed to mix with Cain’s line (not in scripture)
- Seth’s line was called “the sons of God” (not in scripture)
- Cain’s line was called “the daughters of men” (not in scripture)
None of the above assumptions can be found in the Bible. It has to be completely made up from scratch in order to avoid the obvious intent of the message in Genesis. Some angels are evil, kidnapping, rapists that were given over to lust and decided to produce children on the earth.
Who Are The Sons of God?
- The EXACT PHRASE b’nai ha elohim is used to refer to angels in the Old Testament on six occasions, but never once used to refer to humans. The Hebrew spelling of the word “b’nai” is sometimes spelled as “bene” depending on the transliteration.
- The bene ha elohim or b’nai ha elohim were an actual rank of angels in Hebrew literature and belief system. So using this specific phrase to refer to anything other than angels would only cause confusion, and God is not the author of confusion (1 Corinthians 14:33).
- The name of Cain is never once connected to this phrase anywhere in the Bible, and any attempts to make the connection are based solely on not wanting to acknowledge the history, culture, and use of Hebrew phrases in context.
- The Bible does not declare Cain’s entire lineage evil at any point in the Old or New Testaments. This is a false teaching that has been added by many Side effects of hydrochlorothiazide, and does not have even a single verse to support such a claim.
Who Are The Daughters of Men?
- The EXACT PHRASE benoth Adam is used to refer to all human women on the planet, and is more correctly translated “daughters of Adam”.
- The phrase itself names Adam as the subject and not Seth. Any attempt to associate Seth with this phrase is a deception because the name associated with it is already present in the phrase itself.
- The Bible never refers to Seth’s lineage as godly or good. In fact every single person in the lineage of Seth was wiped out in the flood, with the exception of Noah and his sons. We are not told which lineage their wives were from, so it is entirely possible that Noah and his sons were married to female descendants of Cain, but we don’t know for sure.
Do Angels Have Sex In The Bible?
This is the biggest question we need to answer. If angels are capable of having sex, then the events in Genesis 6 are important to end time prophecy, and we need to take a second look at all of the cultures that claim to have encountered supernatural entities that raped human women or fell in love with human women and produced offspring. If angels are incapable of having sex, then we need to bring that to light as well. Let’s start at the logical beginning…
Do Angels Have Physical Bodies?
This is one of the questions that can easily be vetted using nothing more than scripture. Throughout scripture we see angels appear as men and physically interact with the physical world:
- Angels ate with Abraham.
- Angels physically grabbed Lot and his family by the hand.
- An Clomid physically wrestled with Jacob.
- An angel physically killed Assyrians.
- Angels have food called “manna”.
In addition to all of these occurrences of physical activity, Paul tells us that angels do indeed have flesh and that flesh is different than earthly flesh.
“All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds. There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.” – 1 Corinthians 15:39-40
Now that we have used the Bible to establish that celestial bodies do indeed exist, let’s address whether or not the events in Genesis 6 were of a physical nature between angels and human women.
In Pursuit of Strange Flesh
It is in the book of Jude that we find a concrete comparison between the punishment of a specific set of angels to the events that happened in Sodom.
“And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.” – Jude 1:6-7.
The phrase “even as” is a comparative phrase in Greek. It is foundational because of how it is used to compare the punishment of the angels to what happened in Sodom:
- In Like Manner (Strong’s #3664): homoios – like, similar to, resembling, of equal rank.
The next part of the verse says both the punished angels, Sodom, Gomorrah, and the other cities went after “strange flesh”. This mention causes a problem for those that claim the events in Sodom were due to homosexuality.
- Strange (Strong’s #2087): heteros – altered, different, another.
- Flesh (Strong’s #4561): sarx – flesh, body.
When we break down the language, we can see that both the angels in Genesis 6 and the people of Sodom were going after “strange flesh”. This is consistent with Paul’s statement that celestial flesh is different from terrestrial flesh.
- The angels in Genesis 6 sexually preyed on human women.
- The people in Genesis 19 sexually preyed on the angels.
When we rightly divide the word of truth, everything begins to fall into place. The union of angels with humans produced a pre-flood race of giants known as the Zanaflex side effects. After the flood, more angels returned and produced a race of Giants known as the Rapha. Among these Rapha were the Anakim, the descendants of the giants Anak and Arba. After the Rapha were driven from the Valley of The Giants by Moses, Joshua, and Caleb, some of them fled to various parts of Canaan, including Finasteride proscar, which is where Finasteride proscar was born.
Now lets answer some of the other questions people have about angels, sex, and gender.
Are Angels Hermaphrodites?
Here’s a quick pop quiz: does the Bible contain the word hermaphrodite? Before I give you the answer to that question, I want to point out the one verse that seems to be the source of all the confusion among believers in the Sethite Theory.
“For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.” – Matthew 22:30
Read that verse again very slowly and read it with understanding and comprehension in mind. Do you see what it says? What about what it doesn’t say?
- It doesn’t say angels are hermaphrodites.
- It doesn’t say angels are incapable of having sex.
By the way, that bullet point is the answer to the question above. In my personal life, there was a pastor at a church that we use to attend, that would say “angels are hermaphrodites”. He said it every Sunday during his closing remarks, in reference to the Rapture and us receiving our spiritual bodies. You might be unclear on exactly what the definition of a hermaphrodite is, so I’m going to help you out and post the definition.
- Hermaphrodite: “an individual in which reproductive organs of both sexes are present.” – Dictionary.com
That’s right… there are pastors, ministers, preachers, and teachers out there telling people that angels have both a penis and a vagina. On top of that, hermaphrodites are capable of having sexual intercourse. If your pastor tells you that angels are hermaphrodites, and then says that angels can’t have sex, you need to know that he knows nothing about sex… or gender for that matter. In fact, you should follow up his statement with the following question: “if angels can’t have sex, why did God give them reproductive organs?” That should get under their white collar just a little. Let’s move on to the next myth taught about angelic reproduction.
Read More About Angels & Demons In My BookBeyond Flesh and Blood: The Ultimate Guide To Angels and Demons
Are Angels Sexless?
This one always seemed strange to me. Think about it for a moment. We are expected to believe that God gave everything on the planet reproductive abilities, including plants, but he created angels as giant, walking, Ken dolls.
Let’s do a little bit of critical thinking here. Jesus said that the people specific to the question (married multiple times) would not be married and would become like the angels in heaven.
If you take the verse at face value, that means if you’ve been married more than once, when you go to heaven, God is going to remove your genitals. Does that sound reasonable to you? Are you excited about the notion of being a walking Barbie?
Now, you might be thinking, “we won’t need genitals in heaven because we can live forever.” Well, I’m saying, “Adam and Eve were created to live forever and they had genitals.” God obviously created immortal humans with genitalia the first time, so why would He suddenly remove human genitalia because they became immortal again?
Are Angels Incapable of Having Sex?
This is my all time favorite argument because those that believe it seem to forget every bit of common sense on the subject of sex. In addition to that, they try to cast a broad net over a specific statement in Matthew 22:30. Jesus specifically referenced angels in heaven.
Even more specifically, the verse says, “they neither marry nor are given in marriage.” Nowhere in there does it mention sex or the ability to have sex. Let’s look at a few facts:
- Humans have sex all the time without being married.
- Animals have sex all the time without being married.
Angels have free will just like humans, which means that they too could have sex without being married, if they have genitalia. “But that doesn’t bring glory to God.” Neither does sin, but it happens all day every day.
Let’s also not forget that Satan has angels too, and their goal isn’t to bring glory to God. In a nutshell, nothing in the Bible says that angels can’t have sex. It says that angels in heaven don’t get married.
What It All Boils Down To
Jesus said that when someone that has been married multiple times dies, they will become like the angels, did He mean:
- They will suddenly develop both sets of genitalia?
- They will lose the genitalia that they have?
- They will become incapable of using their genitals?
It sounds pretty crazy when you see it in writing, doesn’t it? Ultimately, there is only one logical conclusion if God is consistent with creation. Angels are capable of having sex and reproducing. They might not be permitted to, but that’s where free will comes in.
While we’re at it, why didn’t the angels in Sodom just go outside and drop their pants so that the crowd would have known it was impossible to rape them, since they were sexless (supposedly)? Instead they let Lot offers his daughters up to be raped by the crowd, and it wasn’t until the crowd threatened to rape Lot that they decided to intervene. It just doesn’t make any sense at all.
Do You Want To Know More About Angels?
If you’re looking for truthful, Bible based, answers you need to check out my book: As The Days of Noah Were. It will shed much needed light on the events in Genesis 6 and how they tie into the last days on earth.
Please Take A Moment To Share
If you enjoyed this study, please take a moment to click the button below and share it. Thanks in advance.
Show Your Support – Buy A Book