This is a very controversial subject that most ministers simply will not touch. Either because they don’t know what is going on or their mind isn’t ready to accept the possibility that there may be something else out there. I first became involved in the UFO/Alien phenomena in 7th grade. I believe it was the very first subject that I was passionate about. As a result, I’ve been following the culture for the last 14-15 years. Back then it was almost an obsession, but something happened in 9th grade that changed my entire perception on the issue of life on other planets, but I’ll save that story for later. The new series “V”, a remake of the old series just debuted the day before yesterday and not only is the show great already, but also very disturbing for those of us in the Christian community that follow these sorts of things. I encourage you to keep an open mind as you follow this series, but most of all, I encourage you to do some research for yourself to see whether these things are so (Acts 17:11).
A Shocking But Very True Reality
As Christians, we have a tendency to flat out deny or dismiss things we don’t understand, but that is a narrow minded and ignorant way of viewing the world. According to the Bible, anyone that answers a matter before hearing it, it is a folly (foolish) and a shame (Proverbs 18:13). I must admit that if I hadn’t developed an interest in these things early on, I may have fallen into this category, but God has a purpose in everything.
Before making any assumptions, lets look at a few facts about UFOs:
- UFOs have been tracked on multiple radars simultaneously.
- UFO landings leave traces of radiation.
- UFOs have been sighted by multiple witnesses simultaneously.
- UFO sightings have been reported by astronauts, police officers, military personnel, and at least one U.S. President.
- UFOs maneuver in a manner that is contrary to known laws of physics.
- UFOs have been sighted in every country on the planet.
Even if we would like to ignore that mainstream media, we can’t deny that people are indeed seeing something. It seems sort of ironic that Christians of all people are the least willing to believe that other people on the planet are indeed seeing something. As Christians we claim a belief in angels which are supernatural spirits with extraordinary powers that roam between the unseen world of Heaven and earth doing the will of a Creator we’ve never seen with our own eyes. Yes, that’s exactly how it sounds to people that don’t believe in what we do.
Thousands upon thousands of people have reported seeing something strange in the skies, so as good stewards of God’s word, it is important that we understand what is going on. We also need to figure out how to reconcile these strange events with what the Bible says about life, salvation, and the future of mankind. There are only two possibilities to the UFO/Alien phenomena:
- Something is actually out there.
- Nothing is actually out there.
If nothing is out there, we don’t have anything to worry about from a religious perspective. On the other hand, if something is indeed out there, we need to face the following questions:
- Why isn’t it in the Bible?
- What exactly is out there?
- What are their intentions toward mankind?
- How do these things obtain salvation?
Personally, it would seem that something as huge as the possibility of other life in the universe would be addressed in the Bible. So I’m going to call God’s bluff and hold Him to His word. I believe 100% that God has told us all things, and in His own words:
- “Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.” – Isaiah 42:9
Something Strange Is Going On
Another problem we encounter when we begin to study the UFO phenomena is what we call an abduction. The forceful taking of a human against their will. Many people in general think only crazy people believe in abductions, but that’s because most people in general are very uninformed on the subject. Lets look at abduction from an animals perspective:
- Strange beings show up in unusual craft (helicopters, airplanes, boats, cars, etc.)
- We snatch animals against their will and move them to new environments (zoos, habitats, etc.)
- We experiment on them without their consent.
- We sedate them and tag them to track where they go and what they do, then return them as if nothing happened.
If humans do that to animals right here on this planet, why does it seem so far fetched for some to believe that something presumably more advanced than us would be doing the same thing to us? What can’t be denied is that people believe that something took them against their will, performed experiments on them (usually sexual), then put them back as if nothing happened.
As we continue to explore this subject, I will attempt to address this subject in detail because I believe it is very important to understand this from a Christian perspective. We are slowly being desensitized by the media to the possibility of open alien contact. If you remember how big cloning was when it was first revealed to the public, you should also take note of the slow media build up to the announcement of that technology. The media has slowly been pushing the UFO/Alien genre for the last 60 or so years:
- What should we as Christians expect?
- What happens to our faith if something does make contact?
- Where does the Bible fit into all of this?
If you don’t want to miss any of it, make sure you subscribe with your email address to the right.
Free Bible Software
- Prophecy Expert – Take Your Bible Study To The Next Level
Support The Ministry – Buy A Book
- As The Days of Noah Were
- The Serpent Seed: Debunked
- Religion and Relationship
- Visit The Online Book Store