Do you know what one survival item you can’t afford not to have? Check out today’s episode of The Breakdown to find out what it is and how many uses it has. For those of you prepping on a budget, this is a great money saver that has a broad range of uses. Also make sure you check out all of the resources at the bottom of this page. I’m pretty sure you’ll never think of it in the same way again, unless you already know how much it can be used for.
- Intro: Show #4
- As The Days of Noah Were: 2nd Edition
- 4 Hour Bible
- Share The Shows Please
Subject: What Is Baking Soda?
My Prepping Background
Sodium Bicarbonate – a very mild salt
Great item for people prepping on a budget.
Do not confuse baking soda with baking powder.
What Can It Be used For?
- Odor Absorber – Refrigerator, shoes, kitty litter
- Cooking – leavening agent, fluffy omelets, less gamey
- Neutralize Acid – Alkaline
- Mouth Wash
- Heartburn – Mix with water
- Medical – reduces the spread of white phosphorus in bullet wounds
- Gripe Water – Used as an ingredient.
- Cleaning – Removes tarnish from silver.
- Biopesticide – Registered with the Environmental Protection Agency, Fungicide
- Fire Extinguisher – Grease Fires
- Laundry – Makes Clothes Whiter
- Unclog Drains – Mix with vinegar. Will also produce carbon dioxide which is beneficial to plants.
- Helps control weed growth – sprinkle on sidewalks
- Pain Reliever – Insect Bites, and sunburn
You can overdose if you use too much.
Baking Soda Resources
- 31 Uses For Baking Soda
- 75 Extraordinary Uses For Baking Soda
- The Difference Between Baking Soda and Baking Powder